RIFT OF THE NORTH Collegiate Esports Tournament & Fortnite Foray Schedule of Events
MOORHEAD, MN, April 4, 2019 – We are excited to release the final schedule for this weekend’s Rift of the North collegiate esports tournament and Fortnite Foray on April 5-6 at MSUM Nemzek Hall in Moorhead, MN.
In addition to watching some of the Midwest’s best collegiate esports teams battle it out live during the Rift of the North tournament, the public is invited to participate in a FREE, all-ages Fortnite Foray. The Fortnite Foray will feature three organized one-hour competitive sessions. Players must bring their own mobile device (such as tablet, phone, Nintendo Switch, etc.). The grand prize for each of these sessions is a RESPAWN gaming chair. In addition to the competitions, there will be open Fortnite play all day with hourly door prizes.
Here is a schedule of events if you would like to attend this exciting event:
Friday, April 5:
• 3pm: College teams begin gaming competition
• 5pm: Fortnite Foray begins for general public
• 6:30pm: Fortnite one-hour competitive session with RESPAWN gaming chair prize
Saturday, April 6:
• 9am: College teams continue gaming competition
• 10am: Fortnite Foray begins for general public
• 11am: Fortnite one-hour competitive session with RESPAWN gaming chair prize
• 12:30pm: Fortnite one-hour competitive session with RESPAWN gaming chair prize
• Collegiate championship games are expected to start at 5pm, depending on how fast they complete the brackets. Players will compete for a $5,000 Rift of the North prize pool.
There will be many great hourly door prizes, and the first 100 registrants for the Fortnite Foray will receive a free Gravity Gaming esports jersey. RSVP: www.bytespeed.com/fortnite/
Parking at MSUM will be available in lots F-1, G-8, G-9, and G-7.
The Rift of the North and Fortnite Foray are sponsored by: Myriad Mobile, Bremer Bank, Choice Financial, Avalon Events Center, WEX Health, MSUM, Gravity Gaming by ByteSpeed, and the University of Jamestown.
ABOUT GRAVITY GAMING
Gravity Gaming (www.gravitygaming.com) is a brand dedicated to PC gaming and collegiate esports, created by ByteSpeed (www.bytespeed.com). We’ve combined our passion for PC gaming with more than 20 years of computer industry experience to create Gravity Gaming.